Students Adjust to Semester Swap

Three gym class students working out in the gym’s weight room. Two are on a rowing machine and one is on an elliptical.

Photo Credit: Claudia Pulcinella

Photo Credit: Claudia Pulcinella

Claudia Pulcinella, Staff Writer

For Freshmen, with a new semester comes a large change in classes. All freshman who were in Mr. Jenson’s Geography class now move to Mr. Mauls Civics class, and everyone who was in Mr. Connors, Mrs. Hagen, and Mrs. Brown’s Physical Education class now move to either Mrs. Colick, or Mrs. Ausins’ Health class. With new classes comes new thoughts: how do you feel about your new class? How do you feel about your new teacher? Was the schedule change confusing? What advice would you give to someone going to the class you just left?

Former Geography student and Freshman, Kevin Cespedas told his thoughts on his new Civics class. “I really like [Civics] class.” He said, “It was more entertaining and it was more productive [than geography class]. I think [Mr. Maul] was pretty good so far, he was pretty keen on saying that we should follow our own opinions and Thant we shoulder follow his opinions. [The schedule change] didn’t confuse me that much. I would say [to new Geography students] ‘work really hard’ and ‘try to keep up’.

Next was the opposite, the Freshman Thomas Taylor who previously had Civics class and switched to Geography class.“I feel exited for it ready to hop into something new. [Mr. Jenson] is cool he explains stuff very carefully. No [the changing schedule wasn’t confusing] it’s basically the same schedule but flipped around, plus it was across the hall so that helps. Just do all your work and you’ll be successful and don’t act up in Mr. Maul’s class.” He seemed to like his new class so far.

Lastly was the former Physical Educaion Student Shannon Colleran, she said,“Well I’m exited to have a new teacher [Mrs. Austin]. I’ve heard she’s nice and that she’s very understanding of her students.” The schedule Change wasn’t confusing to her. Her advice to new gym class students was: “Just remember to do your gym paragraphs when your absent.” The opposite of her, a student in health that’s now in gym, the Freshman Kyra Brittingham only gave her advice: make sure you turn things in on time and make sure you do them, because they really effect your grade.”

• Students Adjust to Semester Swap

Cape Culture

Seniors Participate in National Decision Day

• Students Adjust to Semester Swap

Cape Culture

Spanish Students Travel to Costa Rica

• Students Adjust to Semester Swap

A&E

Music Department Shows The Sound of Music

• Students Adjust to Semester Swap

Showcase

Firefly Music Festival to Take Place in Dover

• Students Adjust to Semester Swap

Cape Culture

Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

• Students Adjust to Semester Swap

News

Mrs. Aiken’s Trip to Africa

• Students Adjust to Semester Swap

Cape Culture

The Ridings at Rehoboth support Prom 2018

• Students Adjust to Semester Swap

Opinion

‘Lone Star’: A Tick That Makes You Allergic to Red Meat

• Students Adjust to Semester Swap

News

Students Participate in Walkout Honoring Lives Lost at Parkland Shooting

• Students Adjust to Semester Swap

Cape Culture

Marine Science Classes Participate in Dissection Labs

Students Adjust to Semester Swap