New Teacher Interview: Mr. Conn

Go meet our new drivers Ed teacher Mr. Conn!

Kolbe O'Donnell, Staff Writer

If you want to drive you should be taught by the new Drivers Ed. teacher Mr. Conn. Mr. Conn was originally a gym teacher for 14 years. Now he has decided to teach Drivers Ed. in his fifteenth year; his first year here at Cape. Mr. Conn first considered teaching when he was in high school. One day when he was at wrestling practice his coach saw him helping out and coaching some of his teammates. His coach then veered him to the path of teaching. When teaching Drivers Ed. there are many challenges that go along with it.

Mr. Conn has found that the hardest thing about teaching Drivers Ed. is making sure that his students have the importance and understanding of the road. What he loves most about teaching Drivers Ed. is giving students an amazing opportunity to drive and have more responsibility and freedom. He also loves Cape as a whole. He remarks, “The environment is amazing. The kids here invest so much into their school and their opportunities.” Not only is Mr. Conn an awesome teacher but he also surfs, likes football, and likes wrestling. He is even helping out coaching for wrestling and baseball.

– [ ] Teaching something like drivers Ed. comes with a lot of stress at times. He says, “I worry about my students on the road all the time. It’s one of the hardest parts.” It only takes one mistake to get into a car accident. Mr. Conn didn’t always live here in Delaware. He grew up in Haddon Heights, NJ. He moved down here because it’s much closer to everything and made sense to him and his family. If you have Mr. Conn as your teacher you are lucky because he is very experienced and a great all around teacher.

New Teacher Interview: Mr. Conn