Cape Students Commit

Athletes+headed+to+play+sports+in+college+are+in+back+%28l-r%29+Seniors+Jody+Boyer%2C+Annie+Judge+and+Logan+Shuttleworth.+In+front+are+Austin+Elliott%2C+Zack+Gelof%2C+Reese+White%2C+David+Erickson+and+Zach+Savage.+
Athletes headed to play sports in college are in back (l-r) Seniors Jody Boyer, Annie Judge and Logan Shuttleworth. In front are Austin Elliott, Zack Gelof, Reese White, David Erickson and Zach Savage.

Photo Credit: Dave Fredrick

Photo Credit: Dave Fredrick

Maci Long, Staff Writer

On November 8th, 2017, Cape senior student athletes who had previously verbally committed to colleges signed officially to the NCAA college they are going to play their sport with. Jody Boyer committed to Shippensburg University to play field hockey the head coach Tara Zollinger. Annie Judge committed to Temple University to play field hockey for Marybeth Freeman. Annie Judge, senior stated “When I committed it was so exciting. I really like the University and how it is semi close to home.”

Logan Shuttleworth committed to West Chester University to play volleyball for Kassie Believer, and Austin Elliott is going to University of North Carolina to play baseball for Mike Fox. Elliott is being recruited as a position player and a pitcher. Another athlete that committed is  Zack Gelof, who is playing baseball at the University of Virginia under head coach  Brian O’Connor. He is being recruited as a position player and a pitcher. Also, Reese White will be playing baseball at Hampden-Sydney College for Jeff Kinne. At Cape, White pitches, catches and plays infield. David Erickson will be playing baseball at Liberty University under the head coach Scott Jackson. He plays third base at Cape but got recruited as a pitcher. Lastly, Zach Savage will be playing baseball at Lafayette College for Joe Kinney. Zach Savage, senior says “I am really excited to play at Lafayette. It’s a nice school and the baseball team is really good.” He is a position player who also catches.

All are excited for their futures at their colleges. As they sign, they have their loved ones and the coaches, that led them to where they are today, by their side.

• Cape Students Commit

Cape Culture

Seniors Participate in National Decision Day

• Cape Students Commit

Cape Culture

Spanish Students Travel to Costa Rica

• Cape Students Commit

A&E

Music Department Shows The Sound of Music

• Cape Students Commit

Showcase

Firefly Music Festival to Take Place in Dover

• Cape Students Commit

Cape Culture

Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

• Cape Students Commit

News

Mrs. Aiken’s Trip to Africa

• Cape Students Commit

Cape Culture

The Ridings at Rehoboth support Prom 2018

• Cape Students Commit

Opinion

‘Lone Star’: A Tick That Makes You Allergic to Red Meat

• Cape Students Commit

News

Students Participate in Walkout Honoring Lives Lost at Parkland Shooting

• Cape Students Commit

Cape Culture

Marine Science Classes Participate in Dissection Labs

Cape Students Commit