Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

Invitations+were+sent+out+to+seniors+during+their+SSAP+periods.+The+invitations+perfectly+resemble+the+theme+%22All+That+Glitter+is+Gold%22.+
Invitations were sent out to seniors during their SSAP periods. The invitations perfectly resemble the theme

Invitations were sent out to seniors during their SSAP periods. The invitations perfectly resemble the theme "All That Glitter is Gold".

Photo Credit: Sarah Hunsicker

Photo Credit: Sarah Hunsicker

Kareena Keswani, Staff Writer

Prom is just around the corner, and everyone wants a sneak peek. According to Junior Nick Mueller, the theme is “All That Glitters is Gold”, and it’s taking place at “The Ivy” in Dewey Beach. “Contrary to recent rumors, it will not be glitter themed and no dresses or tuxes will be ruined,” the Class Officer said. The title does not imply that the place will be drenched in glitter, but it does imply that it’s a more luxurious event rather than just a normal prom.

The event of the year takes place on May 12th, with promenade being held at the bandstand at the Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk. Ticket prices and the date they’ll be on sale have been announced. “It’ll be $35 for a person and $60 for couples,” Junior Class Officer Luke D’ambrogi said. Tickets go on sale on May 4th, and if you want to attend, you need to have a filled out dance slip and all debts paid. To bring a guest, a guest form from the office must be filled out.

The upperclassmen are getting their dresses and tuxes ready, and they have been since last year. “I’ve been looking for a dress since mid-December,” Junior Lindsey Swontek said. Traditionally, Juniors wear black and Seniors wear white, so Lindsey’s dress is black.

For the Class of 2018, prom will be bittersweet. Everything is important, from hair, to makeup, and outfits when you’re a senior. “It is my last prom and it will be the last time I spend such an eventful evening with my class before we graduate,” Senior Brooke Greenstein said.

A new theme, new students, and new music make for an eventful night not just for seniors, but for everyone.

Kareena Keswani, Staff Writer

Kareena Keswani is a dedicated student who works to maintain her grades. She enjoys being a member of the Color Guard, doing community service with the...

Sarah Hunsicker, Editor-in-Chief

Sarah Hunsicker was born in Lewes, Delaware and is the Online Editor-in-Chief for the Viking Ventures. In her spare time she enjoys dancing, traveling,...

• Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

Cape Culture

Seniors Participate in National Decision Day

• Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

Cape Culture

Spanish Students Travel to Costa Rica

• Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

A&E

Music Department Shows The Sound of Music

• Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

Showcase

Firefly Music Festival to Take Place in Dover

• Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

News

Mrs. Aiken’s Trip to Africa

• Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

Cape Culture

The Ridings at Rehoboth support Prom 2018

• Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

Opinion

‘Lone Star’: A Tick That Makes You Allergic to Red Meat

• Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

News

Students Participate in Walkout Honoring Lives Lost at Parkland Shooting

• Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

Cape Culture

Marine Science Classes Participate in Dissection Labs

• Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

Cape Culture

Halfway Through the 2017-18 School Year

Sneak Peek at Prom 2018