Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

The traffic leaving the school is dreaded everyday. Some students recall a thirty minute back up after the final bell. Many seniors  are using his as an example of why the Senior Bell should be given back to Seniors.

The traffic leaving the school is dreaded everyday. Some students recall a thirty minute back up after the final bell. Many seniors are using his as an example of why the Senior Bell should be given back to Seniors.

Photo Credit: Katie Redifer

Photo Credit: Katie Redifer

Sarah Hunsicker, Editor-in-Chief

Throughout a students high school career, many traditions will be created and fulfilled. Traditions have been passed down from year to year in hopes of being fulfilled again. For example Homecoming and spirit week has been a tradition that schools nationwide participate in. Students dress accordingly in themed days of the week leading up the the homecoming pep rally, parade, game, and of course the dance.

Locally one tradition that the Senior class has passed down to the next is the Senior bell privilege. In past years students who have reached “senior status” were allowed to leave at a senior bell which rang five minutes before the bell that dismissed all underclassmen. However this school year, change is lurking in the halls. As of September 5th, students are too be dismissed at 2:40 all at once. However current seniors are a little heated about the new policy due to the trend within the past three years where Seniors had the Senior bell privilege. “I thinking that taking the bell away from us isn’t fair because we’ve waited three years for this privilege and they just took it away from us,” Senior Troy Humphries said.

However at the Senior Class meeting that took place September 8th, Administrator Mrs. Thompson mentioned that the Administrators were considering making a change to the new policy and bringing back the Senior bell.

• Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

Cape Culture

History of Homecoming

• Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

Cape Culture

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday Spirit Week 2017

• Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

A&E

Theater Students Will be Taking Their First Field Trip to See “Mean Girls the Musical”

• Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

Cape Culture

New Teacher Interview: 11th Grade’s Ms. Mills

• Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

News

Hillary R. Clinton Releases Memoir of 2016 Election “What Happened”

• Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

A&E

Musical By Elton John and Tim Rice “Aida” Closes Off Theater Season

• Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

About Town

Love Creek Elementary School To Open Fall of 2017

• Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

Cape Culture

Brian Donahue to Retire After 2016-17 School Year

• Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

Opinion

Are High School Students Under Too Much Pressure?

• Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

Opinion

Students React: Ringling Bros. Circus Closing

Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked