Students Opinions: Prom Date and Location Changed

Recently, the date of prom was changed to April 29th. Photo by Nathaniel Zebley.

Nathaniel Zebley and Sarah Hunsicker

Recently, the school district announced that the date for Prom has been changed due to AP testing being the week following the dance. Since the change of the date, some upperclassmen are now unable to attend the dance on the rescheduled day.

Tests for students that are enrolled in AP courses will be taking place during the week of May 8th. So the main reason for prom being moved to an earlier date is to allow students to have studying time before they have to take their tests. “I think that changing the date is ridiculous because prom is a sign that the school year is coming to an end. So I think it is good that they are changing the date; however, I think that it should be towards the end of the year. Not earlier in the year,” Junior Jada Flowers said.

For some students enrolled in AP classes, the change of date does not affect them. “The date change does not affect me at all. I will most likely fail my AP exam anyway, so I don’t really mind,” Senior Joshua Dorofee said.

Although some students were not affected by the date change, there were still many students who are affected by the date change and are worried about not being able to attend prom. “The date changing is inconvenient to me and probably many other people as well; however, it could also be helpful to some people due to the date of some of their tests,” Junior Maddy Shatzer said. Some students even just stressed that so much will be happening in the span of only two weeks. “It’s going to be stressful because I have to miss the SAT on April 5th, meaning the make up date would be April 25th or 26th. So, I have the SAT, followed by prom, and then May 1st is my AP exam. Junior year has already been a wreck with pressure, but now it’s even worse,” Junior Sarah Bennett said.

The change of date has garnered reactions from many students. While there were many that were not affected by the date change, some have been negatively affected by the change and are unable to attend prom.

• Students Opinions: Prom Date and Location Changed

A&E

Musical By Elton John and Tim Rice “Aida” Closes Off Theater Season

About Town

Love Creek Elementary School To Open Fall of 2017

Cape Culture

Brian Donahue to Retire After 2016-17 School Year

Opinion

Are High School Students Under Too Much Pressure?

Opinion

Students React: Ringling Bros. Circus Closing

Showcase

Football National Signing Day

• A&E

Theater Students Participate in 2017 ESU Shakespeare Competition

• Cape Culture

2017 All-State Band Students

• About Town

Sadie Hawkins Preview

About Town

Lefty’s Alley and Eats Opens in Lewes