Seniors winning spirit week

Taylor Killean, Staff Writer

Now that spirit week is over here at Cape, many people are wondering, is spirit week really rigged so that seniors will win? It kind of seems like it, since seniors have won spirit week for three years straight. Even the seniors doing the floats got to leave school for however long they could until they got in trouble and they had the help of their parents. Parents actually did most of the work. Some teachers, like Ms. Jacobs, are very angry that the seniors won yet again and feel that the sophomores should have won. Seniors may feel different though. They might think that they deserved to win spirit week because they did show great effort. Even though most seniors don’t really care if they win or not. Other people (like me) just really don’t really think it matters who won, because it’s not about who won it’s about the effort everyone put in. Even though the seniors got help from their parents, it doesn’t matter who wins. Mrs. Hagan, who is a class advisor, said this about the seniors winning spirit week, “The spirit stick might’ve been a little rigged but it is the seniors last year and not all were present so it’s hard to judge but the sophomores should’ve won.” Mrs. Hagan also added “I was a little ticked off that the seniors won the floats because as a class advisor, there was no real guide lines because they were not supposed to work on their floats during school hours and their parents should’ve been able to do the work for them. They should’ve been disqaulified.”

Seniors winning spirit week