Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

A photo of the Graduation Requirements and Promotion Policy pages of the Cape Henlopen High School Course Description Book. The book contains most knowledge a starting cape student would need to know about the courses offered at cape.

Photo Credit: Claudia Pulcinella

Photo Credit: Claudia Pulcinella

Photo Credit: Claudia Pulcinella

Claudia Pulcinella, Staff Writer

On March 14th starting at six o’clock after school, the course fair will take place within the Cape cafeteria. According to Mr. Maul, the Freshman Civics teacher, it is, “a visitation from beacon and mariner. We show them Schoology, we show them all the things they’ll face in high school. It’s like an open house, all the departments will be there and it will include most of the courses, and some different organizations and clubs too” he also added “Been going on for 4 years.” It seems that the Course Fair isn’t as popular as the other special events, as all 8 of the students that were asked about it, had no idea what it was and had to be taught what it was. When asked if they participated in the Course Fair in any previous years, the sophomore Hannah Tress, Junior Lucy Doka and Senior Zach George all said that they hadn’t. When asked if they would like to participate in the Course Fair, Lucy and Zach wanted to go, while Hannah was unsure. To her agreement, Lucy added why, “I think its a good way to find out what’s going on around here.” she said. The only person who had been to the Course Fair was Mr. Marino, a support staff member. Last year he “was with the video engineering class.” And this year he “will be representing the Viking mascot.” As for why he joined in the Course Fair, he said “Because I think it’s a good opportunity for incoming freshmen to see what opportunities are available at our school.” As for new opportunities coming to our school, Mrs. Warrington, a school counselor, told of both that and any alterations to existing courses. “There is select ensemble in the theatre department, and there’s also a costume design course that’s in the textiles department and there’s one change: ‘early childhood 2’ is now ‘teaching as a profession ‘” these are just a few of the new possibilities and not certainly the last.

• Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

Cape Culture

Seniors Participate in National Decision Day

• Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

Cape Culture

Spanish Students Travel to Costa Rica

• Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

A&E

Music Department Shows The Sound of Music

• Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

Showcase

Firefly Music Festival to Take Place in Dover

• Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

Cape Culture

Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

• Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

News

Mrs. Aiken’s Trip to Africa

• Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

Cape Culture

The Ridings at Rehoboth support Prom 2018

• Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

Opinion

‘Lone Star’: A Tick That Makes You Allergic to Red Meat

• Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

News

Students Participate in Walkout Honoring Lives Lost at Parkland Shooting

• Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair

Cape Culture

Marine Science Classes Participate in Dissection Labs

Cape Hosts 2018 Course Fair