Disney World Implements New Security Policy

A map of the monorail loop is dipicted above. Guests can board the Resort monorail at the Ticket and Transportation Center. The monorail will travel around the loop and pick up guests that are staying at one of three hotels located on the map before making it to their final destination, Magic Kingdom. Guests who boarded the monorail at the Ticket and Transportation Center are able to get off the monorails at one of the Resort stops and are welcome to explore each hotel.

Photo Credit: Disney World

Photo Credit: Disney World

Sarah Hunsicker, Editor-in-Chief

In the wake of the Mandalay Bay Mass Shooting that took the lives of 59 people and injuring over 500 more concert goers, Disney World has made the decision to change their security policies at their resort hotels. Disney World has decided to get rid of all of the “Do Not Disturb” signs throughout the four main hotels that are located on the monorail loop. In Disney, there is a loop of hotels that a monorail train can take visitors too. The three hotels include The Polynesian Resort, The Grand Floridian Resort, and The Contemporary Resort. By getting rid of all of the “Do Not Disturb” signs on the monorail loop, Disney World believes that they could prevent another incident similar to the one that was carried out in Las Vegas. Stephen Paddock was able to conceal 23 different firearms and over 1,000 rounds of ammunition by utilizing the “Do Not Disturb” sign.

The signs will be replaced with “Room Occupied” signs which will alert room service that the guest are currently in their hotel room. However, Disney says that this will not stop room service from entering the room while the guests are still in the room. In response to the new security measure Disney says “the hotel and its staff reserve the right to enter your room for any purpose including, but not limited to, performing maintenance and repairs or checking on the safety and security of guests and property.” Before entering a hotel room that has the new marker placed on the door, Cast Members (Disney employees) must knock  and announce that they will be entering the guest’s room. This brand new security policy is expected to begin next month and visitors are already upset about it. Hotels in Las Vegas have also made similar changes to their security policy in response to the tragic massacre that took place on October 1st.

• Disney World Implements New Security Policy

A&E

Theatre Program Performs “The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe”

News

Earthquake Shakes Mid Atlantic Region

Showcase

Barbie To Release First Hijab-Wearing Doll

Cape Culture

Cape Band Boosters Host 2nd Annual Bands at the Beach Fundraiser

A&E

The Pride of the Cape Marches in 2017 Seawitch Parade

Cape Culture

Mrs. Locklear Raises Awareness With Breast Cancer Battle

News

Locals Distraught Over Animal Neglect Case in Seaford

Showcase

Astros VS Dodgers: World Series Reactions

A&E

Sexual Assaults by Hollywood Producer Harvey Weinstein Come to Light

Cape Culture

Meet Mrs. Khan, the Excited New Teacher