Mrs. Miller Promoted to Principal

Connor Thompson, Editor

With the retirement of Mr. Donahue, the Cape Henlopen School District had a huge spot to fill. Fortunately for the district, the perfect candidate was already in house. Current Assistant Principal Nikki Miller will serve as principal of the high school starting next year. Mrs. Miller has been the Assistant Principal at Cape for the past three years.

“The reason I came to Cape was because I wanted to bring my experiences to an already thriving district,” Mrs. Miller said of her original hiring. “I was nervous to make the move to the new district, but I’m so happy that I did.”

For Mrs. Miller, her time here as been all that she could have expected and more.

“My time here has been a dream come true and I can’t wait to see what the next chapter holds. From the first day here with students three years ago I have known this is where I want to be,” Mrs. Miller said. “We have an amazing school with the best students, staff and a community that supports us in our vision. I don’t know that there is much more we could ask for!”

Cape does an excellent job of providing services to those who live in the district, including providing AP courses, Dual Enrollment and Positive Behavior Support (PBS). Mrs. Miller’s goals for her time as Principal will be to continue to provide these excellent opportunities.

“My goals for Cape’s future would be for us to continue to improve the services we provide for our students to give them the best foot forward as they prepare for adulthood. This could include Advanced Placement or Dual Enrollment courses and also opportunities to partner with local business for internship experiences. Every student in our school is capable of greatness and it is our job to provide opportunities to maximize their potential. Another focus for our future will be positive behavior support (PBS), Cape is an inclusive school district and we want all of our students and staff to feel supported and appreciated.”

Mrs. Miller has huge shoes to fill in the departure of Mr. Donahue, but there is no doubt in anyone’s mind that she can do the job. Congratulations to Mrs. Miller!

Mrs. Miller Promoted to Principal