Thor’s Thoughts: Dealing with School Stress

As school starts to come to an end, students are becoming stressed about their classes and grades

Jenna Fitzgerald, Editor

Dear Thor,
I’ve been struggling in some of my classes this year, and now that it’s the last marking period I want to do better than what I have been doing. I know that the reason I haven’t been doing well is because I’m not exactly trying my best, but are there any tips you can give me to do better?

Dear anon,
There are a lot of things that you could do in order to better yourself and your grades, depending on what you believe you’re doing wrong in the first place. If you think it’s because you’re not understanding your work, you’ll need to put in more time on your own reviewing the material, practicing, and asking the teacher any questions you have. The teachers only have so much time teaching one subject, and might not have time to notice that you’re struggling, so if you are you need to speak up and talk to them about what you’re not understanding. But if you think you’re struggling because of your effort, then you need to start working harder. You can work harder by putting more time into doing the assignments, making sure you understand what and why you need the assignments, doing all assigned homework, and doing any possible extra credit. Just like with not understanding what you’re learning in class, even if you think you know it, make sure to ask your teachers questions about class work. If you’re too shy or don’t want to do it in front of your class, you can always email the teacher or pull them aside after class to ask. You can’t expect yourself to get through your work and do well when you don’t understand the material, and that will reflect in your test and quiz grades. Studying will also take you a long way in your classes, and really taking the time to look over any notes or class work that you have will not only improve your grades, but will make the work itself more simple. No longer allow yourself to only do the bare minimum, and try to put in as much time as you can to really work in class. If you really want to do well and improve your grades, you have to work hard not only in class but on your own time too.

• Thor’s Thoughts: Dealing with School Stress

Cape Culture

Seniors Participate in National Decision Day

Cape Culture

Spanish Students Travel to Costa Rica

A&E

Music Department Shows The Sound of Music

Showcase

Firefly Music Festival to Take Place in Dover

Cape Culture

Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

News

Mrs. Aiken’s Trip to Africa

Cape Culture

The Ridings at Rehoboth support Prom 2018

Opinion

‘Lone Star’: A Tick That Makes You Allergic to Red Meat

News

Students Participate in Walkout Honoring Lives Lost at Parkland Shooting

Cape Culture

Marine Science Classes Participate in Dissection Labs