Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

Kylie posted this on her Instagram, announcing the baby’s name. This is now the most-liked picture on Instagram with approximately 17,700,700 likes.

Photo Credit: Kylie Jenner (@kyliejenner on Instagram)

Kareena Keswani, Staff Writer

The Super Bowl was not the only big topic of conversation coming into school this week. Cape students and other people around the world were talking about the Eagles, Justin Timberlake, and Kylie Jenner. Kylie Jenner confirmed her pregnancy with a YouTube video documenting her journey, along with her sisters’ pregnancies too.

Some students were surprised to hear that she had a daughter because they thought it was all for publicity. Kris Jenner, the Kardashian-Jenner “momager”, is known to pull stunts like this for attention and money. “I didn’t think she was pregnant. I thought she was doing it for attention,” Freshman Noah Montgomery said.

Other students were not surprised because there was so much press surrounding it, and there were a lot of people finding big clues that she was. “I did think she was pregnant, and I thought that she was able to hide it surprisingly well,” Senior Olivia Tancredi said.

Although, everyone knows why she would want to keep her pregnancy a secret. If she were to expose her bump, there would have been a lot of stress on her from the media always asking her questions – which could have been dangerous for her unborn child. “She hid it from everyone because she didn’t want the press bugging her,” Freshman Madi Swontek said.

In the 11-minute video on her YouTube channel, Kylie shared videos and pictures of her showing off her stomach, which was very clearly carrying a child. It showed Kim Kardashian announcing the name of her newborn, Chicago, and Khloe Kardashian showing off her bump alongside Kylie. It also had a lot of videos of Travis Scott, the baby’s father, being affectionate with Kylie and her bump.

She promoted her YouTube video with an Instagram post that sent everyone into a spiral. The day after that post, she posted a picture with the caption “stormi webster 👼 ” which everyone knew was the name of her baby. Following the announcement of her pregnancy, Khloe posted a picture of the two with their bumps on display, Kim tweeted a storm emoji, and many other friends and family offered their congratulations on social media.

Kareena Keswani, Staff Writer

Kareena Keswani is a dedicated student who works to maintain her grades. She enjoys being a member of the Color Guard, doing community service with the...

• Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

Cape Culture

Seniors Participate in National Decision Day

• Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

Cape Culture

Spanish Students Travel to Costa Rica

• Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

A&E

Music Department Shows The Sound of Music

• Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

Showcase

Firefly Music Festival to Take Place in Dover

• Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

Cape Culture

Sneak Peek at Prom 2018

• Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

News

Mrs. Aiken’s Trip to Africa

• Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

Cape Culture

The Ridings at Rehoboth support Prom 2018

• Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

Opinion

‘Lone Star’: A Tick That Makes You Allergic to Red Meat

• Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

News

Students Participate in Walkout Honoring Lives Lost at Parkland Shooting

• Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby

Cape Culture

Marine Science Classes Participate in Dissection Labs

Students React to Kylie Jenner’s Baby