Theater Students Will be Taking Their First Field Trip to See “Mean Girls the Musical”

The official logo for Mean Girls the Musical.

Photo Credit: Mean Girls the Musical

Photo Credit: Mean Girls the Musical

Katie Redefer, Editor in Chief

The Cape Henlopen Theater Department is taking their first field trip of the school year on November 17th to Washington D.C. On the trip, theater teacher Ms. Andros said that students would be completing a monologue workshop with the Shakespeare Theater Company and seeing the highly anticipated new show, Mean Girls The Musical.

Mean Girls is a popular comedy movie that came out in 2004 starring Lindsey Lohan. It follows the story of teenager Cady Heron, who used to live in Africa, as she moves to America and goes to a public high school for the first time. The movie is a classic and a must-see for anyone who enjoys coming of age stories with a humorous plot. Fans of the movie were thrilled to hear that the film was going to be converted into a musical. Mean Girls the Musical is premiering in Washington D.C. and will then move on to the Broadway stage in 2018.

Evangeline Dillard, a senior theater student who is going on the trip said, “The most exciting part of the trip for me is seeing Mean Girls the Musical! I love the movie and I know the musical has been in the making for years. Tina Fey wrote the book for the musical too, so I trust it’ll be amazing.” She paused, and then continued. “But even if the show isn’t as good as I hope it’ll be, I still want to give it a go.”

The Shakespeare Theater Company is a non-profit theater group located in the heart of Washington D.C. The Tony Award winning group produces shows for the public and offers workshops for young actors, one of which Cape theater students will be participating in during the trip. Tyrese Riddles, a senior attending the trip commented, “I’m so excited to do the workshop. I think it’s gonna help me get ready for the ESU Shakespeare Competition, which I plan to enter this year and got third place in last year.”

Overall, the Washington D.C. Trip is a unique opportunity for students to explore the capital, widen their acting abilities, and watch a fun musical before it opens on Broadway. Theater students interested in the trip should ask for a permission slip from Ms. Andros.

• Theater Students Will be Taking Their First Field Trip to See “Mean Girls the Musical”

Cape Culture

History of Homecoming

Cape Culture

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday Spirit Week 2017

Cape Culture

New Teacher Interview: 11th Grade’s Ms. Mills

Cape Culture

Long Waited Senior Privilege Revoked

News

Hillary R. Clinton Releases Memoir of 2016 Election “What Happened”

A&E

Musical By Elton John and Tim Rice “Aida” Closes Off Theater Season

About Town

Love Creek Elementary School To Open Fall of 2017

Cape Culture

Brian Donahue to Retire After 2016-17 School Year

Opinion

Are High School Students Under Too Much Pressure?

Opinion

Students React: Ringling Bros. Circus Closing