Donald Trump Nominates Linda McMahon as Head of Small Business Administration

Photo by wikipedia.com

Photo by wikipedia.com

Nathaniel Zebley, Editor

On December 7th, president-elect Donald Trump nominated former World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) CEO Linda McMahon as Head of the Small Business Administration (SBA). In a statement from Trump he says, “Linda is going to be a phenomenal leader and champion for small businesses and unleash America’s entrepreneurial spirit across the country.”

Linda McMahon is a former president and CEO of the WWE. She is currently married to billionaire and majority owner of the WWE Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Linda is also credited with having helped make the WWE a multi-million dollar company and become a multinational corporation. Linda McMahon also ran for a seat in Senate from Connecticut. In 2010 and 2012, she lost to Democrat nominees Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, respectively.

“I think that she has a sufficient amount of business experience,” said Senior Jack Coleman. While it is clear that McMahon doesn’t have too much political experience, McMahon has more than proven herself with business dealing from her time with the WWE.

In 2012, McMahon openly supported the revamp of the SBA, a proposal made by President Barack Obama. The proposal planned to merge the Commerce department, the Small Business Administration, the Office of the United States Trade Representative, the Export-Import Bank, the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, and the Trade and Development Agency. The merging of these agencies would have effectively terminated the position for which Linda McMahon is currently nominated.

In conclusion, while not having an ample amount of political experience, Linda Mcmahon is a great choice to lead the SBA. She has more than enough experience in business dealings through her time working for the WWE. Hopefully, Mrs. McMahon can make positive results for small businesses in the U.S. if elected as the head of the SBA.

• Donald Trump Nominates Linda McMahon as Head of Small Business Administration

Cape Culture

Brian Donahue to Retire After 2016-17 School Year

Opinion

Are High School Students Under Too Much Pressure?

Opinion

Students React: Ringling Bros. Circus Closing

Showcase

Football National Signing Day

• A&E

Theater Students Participate in 2017 ESU Shakespeare Competition

• Cape Culture

2017 All-State Band Students

• About Town

Sadie Hawkins Preview

About Town

Lefty’s Alley and Eats Opens in Lewes

News

Young People Captivated By First Presidential Debate

Cape Culture

New Science Teacher – Mr. Kilby